Last Updated: November 22, 2018
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The term “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, including name, address, email address, and other information relating to an individual (“Personal Information”). We may collect Personal Information in order to:
- Facilitate consultations and analyses relating to the Services;
- Allow you to register on our Website and/or make use of interactive features of the Website (e.g. Risi Stone’s Retaining Wall Estimation Tool);
- Allow you to apply for employment, participate in our contests, sweepstakes or promotions, consent to receive promotional email, job postings, and other communications, and/or contact us with a comment, question, or complaint;
- Provide customer care and support;
- Monitor the usage of the Service;
- Detect, prevent, and address technical issues with the Service;
- Notify you about changes to the Service; and
- Collaborate with licensed manufacturers and other entities involved in providing the Services with your consent.
Information we collect and use through our Website and other interactions
- Registration: If you register on our Website, you will be asked to provide information such as your first and last name, email address, company (if applicable), phone number, address, and postal code. We may retain this information to assist you in the future in relation to the provision of the Services.
- Retaining Wall Estimation Tool: If you choose to make use of interactive features on our Website, you may be asked to provide information such as your project name, city, and province/state. This information allows us to collaborate with licensed manufacturers and other entities involved in providing the Services with your consent.
- Vespa MSE Design Software: If you choose to make use of Risi Stone’s version of Vespa MSE Design Software/Vespa.RS, we may collect certain information from you including first and last name, email address, company (if applicable), phone number, address, and postal code.
- Inquiries and Estimates: If you contact us with an inquiry (e.g. to obtain an estimate for a particular project), you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, address and a telephone number, along with additional project-related information we need to help us promptly answer your inquiry. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and Service offerings.
- Communications/Publications: We may offer you the ability to sign-up to receive Risi Stone marketing and promotional communications or download other resources, in which case we collect certain information (such as first and last name, company name, email address or phone number). We use this information to send you the communications you have requested to receive. You can opt-out of receiving promotional email from us by following the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in your email or other message, or by contacting us as set out below. Please note that you will continue to receive transactional and account-related electronic messages from us.
- Job Applications: If you apply for a job at Risi Stone, you may provide us with certain Personal Information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We may also collect Personal Information contained in your LinkedIn profile, blog, website or portfolio. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application and assessing your suitability for current and future career opportunities.
- Feedback: We may collect and use customer feedback about our Services to better understand our customers and enhance our product and Service offerings. With your consent, we may publish your feedback on our Website or other promotional materials.
- Surveys and Customer Research: From time to time, we may offer individuals an opportunity to participate in one of our surveys or other customer research. The information obtained is used in an aggregated, non-personally identifiable form. We use this information to help us understand our customers and to enhance our product and Service offerings.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a matter of practice, Risi Stone does not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer our customers’ Personal Information, except as set out in this policy.
We may transfer or disclose Personal Information as follows:
- Service Providers: In connection with our Website, or Services, we may transfer (or otherwise make available) Personal Information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host our website, store data and provide back-up services, provide customer support services, process customer payments, provide data analytics services, conduct surveys or obtain customer feedback.
Personal Information may be maintained and processed by Risi Stone or its third party service providers in Canada. For more information about the way in which our service providers treat Personal Information, contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Licensed Risi Stone Manufacturers: In connection with our Services, Website and Retaining Wall Estimation Tool, we may disclose your Personal Information with our licensed manufacturers. For example, we may transfer Personal Information to our licensed manufacturers to assist such manufacturers in providing sales support, pricing, product information or other products or services related to your Project.
- Sale of Business: Risi Stone may transfer Personal Information as an asset in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of Risi Stone or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal: Risi Stone and our Canadian, US and other service providers and affiliates may disclose your Personal Information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include lawful access by Canadian or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies), to other organizations in the case of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian or other law. Where a disclosure of our customers’ information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so) and fully co-operate with our customer’s instructions with respect to our response.
WEBSITE INFORMATION AND ANALYTICS
- Visiting our Website: We collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity, and to monitor and improve our Website.
- Cookies: Our Website uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. Cookies may provide us and our service providers with information that we will use to personalize our Website in accordance with a user’s preferences. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Website features.
We may also use a third party to help us gather and analyze information about the areas that users visit on the Website to evaluate and improve the customer experience and the convenience of the Website.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand that data security is a critical issue and we are committed to safeguarding the Personal Information in our custody and under our control. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of Personal Information in our custody and control. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose Personal Information for their own marketing or other purposes.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you submit Personal Information via our Website or otherwise provide us with your Personal Information, you may request access, updating or correction of your Personal Information (subject to limited exceptions prescribed by law) by submitting a written request (see “Contact Us” below). We may request certain Personal Information for the purposes of verifying your identity.